Friday 10 June 2016

Five Pack Friday: The Last of the Hot Wheels Ferrari 5's from Hot Wheels..

 
There was a time, in fact as long as I can remember, when Hot Wheels released a much-anticipated Ferrari 5-Pack every year. It was always cool to see which models made the cut and which didn't and what colors they'd show up in. Sadly, 2014 was the least year we'd see a Ferrari 5 from Hot Wheels. To state what is common knowledge, Mattel lost their Ferrari license somewhere along the line in 2015. Who knows, maybe someday they'll get it back. For now, though, let's look at the last of the fantastic Ferrari 5-packs Mattel did.

The models in this pack include the legendary Ferrari F40, a late '80's casting, but a classic, the F430 Scuderia, the 612 Scaglietti, the 458 Spider and finally the Enzo Ferrari. My personal favorite is the F40. Some say the casting had ran its course by 2014 and needed a re-design. This may be true, but it's such a classic, I remember it from when I was young. The metal base and opening engine bay are huge pluses. My runner up has to be the Enzo. It looks downright mean in metalflake black with red accents. Coming in 3rd place is the blue F430 Scuderia. Everything looks clean and sleek on that model. The 612 isn't the first model that comes to mind when you think Ferrari, but the long and low beast looks good in a creamish-white paint scheme with black accents. 5th place for me is the 458 Spider. There's nothing wrong with the model. The stance looks perfect and the classic red paint are great. I'm just not huge on convertibles or Y5 wheels, so it's the last but not least kinda choice for me.

After going through these models one-by-one, I must say I do miss the Mattel/Ferrari license. I've never really collected Hot Wheels Ferraris per se, but a nice clean 5 pack with 5 solid model choices isn't something I'll pass up. The Bburago Ferraris Wal Mart is now carrying are just downright awful in my books. They're too big to be 1:64 scale and too small to be 1:43. Maybe 1:50? I don't know, but if you know the models I'm talking about, maybe you'll agree that everything just looks off on them. But hey, at least we have some photos to induce reminiscence of the good old Mattel/Ferrari glory days. Enjoy.




























Happy Collecting!!


via : http://thewesterndiecastreview.blogspot.com/
Five Pack Friday: The Last of the Hot Wheels Ferrari 5's from Hot Wheels.. Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: linda

0 comments:

Post a Comment